Saturday, February 16, 2008

Adjustments

Now that I've been back at work for 2 full weeks I figured I better make some time to get some updates on here and let everyone know how it's going. It was very hard to leave the house for my first shift back, but each shift it's a little easier to leave. I think that's because I don't "dwell" on it so much and I know I have to go and that I just need to enjoy every minute I get at home with Denver AND Evan. I think Denver has enjoyed his time with his Daddy and Grandmas, but we can tell he misses his Mommy! Night shifts are easier in the fact that Denver sleeps through the night and I can usually make it home in the morning right before he gets up, so he only notices I'm gone in the evening before bed. The only problem with that is that he wants to nurse and snuggle with his Mommy before he goes to bed which has made the evenings a little difficult for Daddy. Day shifts are a little more difficult for Denver because he wakes up to both Mom and Dad gone, but thank goodness it works for Grandma Verni to stay with him so at least it's a familiar face that picks him up out of his crib in the morning and plays with him all day long. Since I work 12 hour shifts I'm gone from the house for about 13 hours and so I'm going nuts by the time I finally get to leave the hospital and go see my baby boy! We are all slowly adjusting and hopefully we will all continue to do well with this transition in our lives.

Here are some new pictures of Denver:


We tried a foam liner that lays in the tub for bath time...thinking he might like that better, but his Daddy was right he likes his blue tub the best. He likes lots of water to be able to splash and when you put enough water in with this yellow thing then he turns his head and drinks the water.

Elmo is one of Denver's best friends. He likes to play with Elmo and he fell asleep with him in his carseat one day.

Valentine's DayMom and Denver played at home all day and then Daddy came home from work and they played together for awhile. Then the 3 of us went out for supper and to Tom's basketball game.

No comments: