We had a busy "Halloween" week. I can't remember anymore, but I think the beginning of the week we carved pumpkins. Well...2 out of the 4; mine never got done and Makenna's was a little one so I planned on painting hers', but I ran out of time and energy. Denver thought it was great "picking" pumpkins. We didn't have time to go do the whole pumpkin patch thing this year so we just ran to HyVee to get some, but that was good enough for Denver; he still talks about "pick pumpkins". (I just have to add in here...Denver gets to be more fun every day...he's talking more and more and putting sentences together and you can have a simple conversation with him...it's just so cute....oh I just love being Mommy, can you tell?) Here are some pictures from our "pick pumpkins" evening.
Before we left to go get pumpkins I was having a wafer and Makenna took a dive to try to eat it! She wants EVERYTHING and it all goes to her mouth!
Our beautiful little girl crashed when we went to get pumpkins. Look at those eye lashes...they are getting long...now we just have to wait and see if they'll get as long as Denver's!
Cleaning out the pumpkins.
"Hmm....are pumpkin guts good?"
The silly picture won't turn the right way, sorry, but here is Evan and Denver lighting Denver's pumpkin.
Denver's pumpkin is Mickey Mouse...great idea, Dad!
(I've been meaning to get a picture of Denver with his finished product, but that hasn't happened so this will have to do)
"Hugs"
Picture Time...Denver was not into pictures. They took a bunch that I'm hoping to get, but this will have to do for the blog.
The Girls
Makenna
Going down the slide with Dad, what fun!
Thank goodness for a friend (and co-worker of mine), Becky! She helped us out by playing with Makenna when we became exhausted from keeping track of the 2 big kids and lugging Makenna around!
Pumpkin Bowling! Denver did great; you throw little pumpkins to knock over bowling pins. Denver also played a basketball game and whatever that game is called that you throw a little ping-pong ball in the different buckets...I think it comes from the "Price is Right". Our youth helped run the "Harvest Festival" and one of the boys said to us, "I've never seen a little boy with such a good arm!".
Monkey see- monkey do! The bigger kids were throwing themselves into the bottom of the slide and "bouncing" off. Denver thought that looked like fun so he started doing it too.
The "bouncy house" was probably the favorite for the night. I was worried because there were big kids in there, but they had a blast. They let them stay in for 2 turns and then I went in and drug them out.
I love Denver's expression here...."Abby isn't this so much fun?!"
Picking up ducks....or just playing in the water! :)
On Halloween we had a crazy day as I had worked the night before and had other committments that day, but we did get the kids in there costumes and made it to see 2 of their great-grandparents. If you can't figure it out from the pictures Denver was "Joe Mauer" from the MN Twins and Makenna just wore a onesie that said "Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch" with a tutu and headband that I made her.
Great Grandpa Melvin with the kids
(Notice the Case tractor and wagon! Even a John Deere guy has some Case in his house! :))
Great Grandma Mabel with Denver....eating treats, yum!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



1 comment:
Hahahaha. See how easy you have it with just two kids? Just kidding! I know two are a lot of work too. But when you add a 3rd one, parents are out numbered. The pictures are very cute :)
Post a Comment