Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas, or should I say Christmas'! Our first gathering was last Sunday with the Schaap family, the second was with the Kindt's on Christmas Eve (but Mommy had to work so she missed out on the fun), the third was our family Christmas which was when Mommy got home from work on Christmas day, the 4th was Friday night with Evan's immediate family, the 5th was with the Schmeichel's on Saturday for lunch and then that evening we had the Waltner family Christmas, and then Sunday for lunch we had my immediate family Christmas for Christmas number 7! Christmas number 8 with the Schrag/Hofer family (Evan's step dad's family) will be in January. Crazy, huh? It was, but it was great to see all of our family members and Denver thought all the opening of presents was great. I was a little worried what he'd think when all the Christmas' were over, but today he started lacking interest in opening gifts after a couple were opened, so I think he got it out of his system!

Denver continues to LOVE balls!

Denver playing the piano

Denver got some wonderful gifts and loves all of them. Daddy packed some of them away as we don't have room for all of them and this way we can cycle them in and out so he doesn't get bored with them. The highlight gifts were probably from Uncle Aaron, a Little Tikes basketball hoop and from Grandpa Rodney and Grandma Verni which was another Little Tikes toy; a little slide that also has a steering wheel on it.

Daddy's so proud...he's already dunking! Here are some pictures of Denver shootin' hoops.

Denver can climb up the "rock wall" all by himself! He also likes to try to crawl up the slide, but that's a little trickier.

Denver's appetite came back in full force for the holidays. Christmas Eve for lunch he maybe even ate more than his daddy! Saturday evening with the Waltner family he had a blast with all the yummy food and we got a cute video of him putting his plate up to his face to eat off of which was pretty funny.

Grandpa Rodney, Cousin Jacob, Denver, and Grandma Verni

Grandma Verni bought "her boys" matching Christmas shirts to wear

Denver's vocabulary continues to grow. On Christmas day Evan called me at work and said, "Did you know your son can say "cracker"?" I don't think I can list all the words he says anymore....but some of the newer ones are cracker, hey, hi (finally...we've only been working on that one forever), Jacob, kitty, thank you (at times), and we think he's trying to say Denver, but it sounds a lot like daddy.

Denver still loves his cousin Jacob, but today we saw a little more of the jealousy come out of him. Hmmm...what will it be like when the baby is around 24/7? Good thing we have almost 5 months of growing up before he has to put of with a baby that much! :)

I think awhile back ago on a blog I promised to post a video and if I remember correctly it was of Denver playing baseball. Well, I finally got it edited down a little bit, so here it is, enjoy...baseball at the Kindt's!

2 comments:

Cadi + 4 said...

I don't think I have to keep saying how cute he is. He looks pretty good dunking the basketball. Maybe he will be a pro. I think he will do fine with the new baby. He will have his moments of jealousy but mostly he will love him/her. Are you ready for a newborn again? At least you aren't out of practice.

Three Peas in a Pod said...

Oh Gosh! he looks SO DARN CUTE!!!:p WOW! 8 Christmas?!!!! how exciting for Denver:) I'm glad his appetite back:)