Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Busy Boy

Denver continues to be a busy boy! He never stops going, or so it seems. Denver is adjusting to his big brother role quite well. He continues to love his sister and wants to hold her quite often. Denver turned 18 months old last Sunday (an 18 month old post is coming, a little slow on pictures now that there are 2!). We can't believe how fast time has gone and that our little boy has turned into such a big boy. Denver loves to read books, play with his tractors, color, but probably most of all be outside.

We have been enjoying the nice, hot weather. Denver got to spend one of our days of temps in the 90's in his pool. He loved every minute of it!

Since Denver likes to be outside so much (and it's been to windy for Makenna a lot of the time and we don't have a fence) I put the patio set in front of the stairs so Denver could play out on the deck, but not get down. Well, the other night Denver was playing in the yard while Evan was mowing and the next thing I knew he was up on the deck playing. Neither of us put him there and he didn't come through the house....he crawled underneath the patio set! Needless to say we decided the patio set could return to its normal spot as it wasn't working as our gate anymore. Now I'm hoping I've talked Evan into a fenced in yard!

Denver playing at his "homemade table"
As I said earlier Denver loves to be outside. Evan was working in the yard so the kids and I went out to join him. Denver found the hose running to water the tree and began playing with it. I had so much fun taking pictures of him playing in the water. He was soaked before he was done.

The last couple days Denver has been walking around the house with dictionaries and pretending to read them. He even insisted upon bringing one in the car when we went to meet Daddy for lunch. I got Denver a rocking chair (of his own) on a rummage sale (I need to recover it yet...we'll see when I can find time to do that and get Grandma Verni's help!). Denver loves to sit in it and here he's reading his dictionary!

Now he's hiding in the lazy susan and reading!

1 comment:

Three Peas in a Pod said...

Hahahaha. Denver is a hoot! Love the cute little pool:)