Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Makenna 1 Month Pictures

I'm falling behind on my blogging! There just are not enough hours in a day. I decided that while the kids nap today I need to attempt on getting the blog updated so we'll see how much progress I can make!
Makenna Betty was 1 month old on June 5th. Since my last post with Makenna's "stats" we've had several appointments.
May 26: 8lbs 5oz
May 29: 8lbs 15 0z (this was a different scale though so give or take)
and I believe she was 20 3/4 in long
June 9: 9lbs 15 oz (Makenna started at the 10% for weight and has jumped to the 50%!)
Makenna also had her hip ultrasound which was normal! Her appintment on June 9th was to check on her murmur again and our pediatrician did not hear it at this appointment so he said we'll just listen again at her 2 month appointment. I have not listened lately so I don't know if it's still gone or if it's a murmur that still comes and goes, but I'm not worried about it so I don't stress on it and find the time to listen! At this appointment we also discussed reflux and decided that it was in Makenna's best interest if we started her on Zantac. This past Saturday I saw a huge difference. She was less fussy and barely spit up, but Sunday came and she was fussy and spitty againg and the last couple days have been better than what they used to be, but not as good as Saturday so hopefully the Zantac will do it for her and we won't have to put her on Prevacid which is what Denver is on for his reflux.
Here are some 1 month pictures. I don't have as much free time so I did them in broken up times trying to get a picture I loved. I had hoped to get some better ones, but I still do like these. She is adorable in all of them of course, right?!
Here is a picture of Makenna on my very special wall hanging that my Grandma Betty made for my sister, cousins, and me out of left over scraps from our clothes that our Mom's made for us. Since we can't have a picture of Makenna with her namesake I thought this might be the next best thing!
Makenna is outgrowing her newborn clothes!!!! I don't think Denver outgrew his this fast, but he also didn't gain weight as fast as she has so I guess that would make sense! She is on to 0-3 month and 3 month clothes (depending on the neck opening...she's so narrow that some of her 0-3 month clothes don't fit yet because they fall off her shoulders) and in size 1 diapers!
Here are some pictures of her clothes that she had on for the last time or 1 of the last times. Poor thing keeps getting crammed into little clothes because I don't want to pack them up yet!

1 comment:

Kliewer Chronicles said...

Oh yes, I remember squishing Jacob in to his newborn clothes past them being comfortable for him. It's so hard to give up the tiny baby! Beautiful pictures, chickie!