Makenna turned 3 months old yesterday! Time continues to fly by for us. I'm trying to not compare Makenna to Denver too much as it seems they are going to achieve their milestones at different times. We finally got Makenna to give us a good giggle on July 27, but of course she wouldn't do it once we got the video camera out. If we ever get her to do it again and get it on camera we will share it with all of you!
Every day Makenna gets more and more content with playing on the floor. She loves laying under her activity gym and will play with the toys and talk to them. She even is happy laying on the floor with no toys hanging over her for quite some time now. It's been nice that she's a little more "self entertainable" so I have more time to get stuff done or play with Denver. Otherwise she continues to talk and smile lots.
She is definitely a "Mommy's Girl" which is nice since Denver is a "Daddy's Boy". Oh...not sure if I ever really said anything on the blog or not about who Makenna looks like! ME!!!!! Yes, I got my baby girl that looks like me! I think my Mom feels like she's looking at me when I was a baby. Hopefully I'll get a blog done on that, but for now you just have to trust me. We've been working on the paci again as she started rejecting it awhile back and now she seems to like it when she's tired and it helps her fall asleep.
Something Makenna hates, and I mean HATES is her car seat and riding in the car. I put a new toy bar on her car seat and that has helped some, but more times than not she cries most of the car ride and until she can get out of her car seat.
Makenna has improved on her bottling skills. We switched nipples and bottles again and are back to using the ones we used in the beginning with Denver. I don't care what she uses, just so she takes it when I'm gone and that she doesn't fight it! Makenna has adjusted well to me being back at work. My mom said she does study her for quite some time before she'll give her a smile and she's probably not ever real excited about the bottle, but she does it. She did good the other night for Evan too when she had to take a bottle before bed and go to sleep without her Mommy.
I will try and get some videos of both the kids uploaded soon, but Makenna's 3 month pictures are going to have to do for now. If only she'd smile when I get the camera out! Enjoy!
(Thank you Susan for the beautiful bracelet you made Makenna!)
.jpg)
+copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+copy.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



2 comments:
She is so beautiful and yes she does look like you. Its just like my kids, my girls look like me and Ryan looks like Lance. Ashlyn noticed the bracelet right away and it is so cute. She is already a fashion diva.
So far my blog makeover hasn't gotten me to be more focused on blogging. I barely remember to take photos.
Mindy!! She is so cute, I can't believe she is 3 months already. Her outfits are too cute! I need to have YOU take our pictures next time!! ;)
Post a Comment