Monday, August 16, 2010

Fifteen Months

Our beautiful baby girl is now more of a toddler than a baby.  Some how 15 months has gone by since she was born!!  She was 21lbs 6oz (30%) and her length (from what I can tell on her growth chart since I didn't write it down or have them print it out) 30.8 inches (70%).  Like always Dr. McKercher was pleased with what he saw and what we told him.  She and Denver both got 2 shots at this appointment as Denver had gotten behind on some vaccinations due to them being out at his 2 year appointment.  Makenna of course only cried til I picked her up and Denver threw a big fit, but later in the day Makenna was the crabby one and Denver was the one telling everyone he got shots, he cried, but now he was better!

As I was trying to come up with a list of things Makenna does it became apparent to me it may be easier to list what she doesn't do!  This little girl does every thing she can to keep up with her brother.  Her vocabulary in my book is outstanding.  There are very few words this little girl doesn't say.  One that she does NOT say is "love"....can't wait until she says "I love you!".  Currently her favorite words are probably "no" and "mommy".  She is definitely a mommy's girl.  She also puts words together and I believe she'll put up to 3 words together.  She isn't always the clearest, but mommy usually can decipher the words if others cannot.  My little girl is extermely busy (like her brother) and once she has her mind made up there is little you can do to change it.  She knows what she wants!  For the most part Makenna is a happy little girl, other than when she's teething!  She used to be my best little teether, but tooth 7 and 8 and probably the molars that I'm guessing she's now working on have put the good little teether to an end.  Makenna now gets diarrhea, a bad butt, a low grade temp, and really cranky when a tooth is bothering her.  Thankfully motrin does seem to help her attitude along with a good nap if she's not in too much pain that she can sleep!

Makenna loves to play with her babies and stuffed animals.  She also likes to play along side her brother with his cars and tractors.  Makenna knows almost all of her animal sounds and makes them while they play.  Denver and Makenna are the best of friends!  Its so fun watching them find some thing to do together while I'm busy cooking supper, doing laundry, etc.  I've also noticed she seems to like "big" girls.  She seems to take to them and want to play with them any chance she gets.  We spent the day at the lake not too long ago and she sat and tried to play with some girls on the beach for quite some time.  I don't think they were too impressed, but she wasn't causing any harm so I let her be! (This post to come)

Here are some pictures from my last photo shoot ever from my camera as it seems to have died and from what I've been told it lasted a long life (I beg to differ...7 years isn't that old!).  The savings begins so I can have another photo shoot of my beautiful babies soon!  Til then enjoy my beautiful, big girl!







No comments: