Another love of mine....projects! I love projects. I always love starting them, but I don't always love completing them. I get so many ideas in my head, but have so little time to actually act on them and when I do, I find that most of my projects take more time than I anticipated (yes, yes, I know what you're thinking as you read this Evan) which some times makes it a little less fun. But in the end I love my finished projects, especially those of recent.
I have had this idea in my head for quite some time, but hadn't hunted down the shirts I needed for it. Now I made the time to do it and of course I couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I had to compromise with long sleeves. Maybe if I have enough ambition and really want them short I turn them into short sleeves, but I'm not seeing that ambition! So enough of the babbling...I made the kids Minnesota Twins shirts. This project did turn out to be harder than I thought it would be, but it was a good stretch for me. (I learned I have lots of work on my sewing skills even though this didn't require much sewing!)
All of my supplies
(sorry blogger thinks the picture needs to be turned for some reason)
And the finished projects. Sorry...I haven't tried them on the kids yet.
I know a picture of the kids in it would be better.
Makenna's bow situation is getting a little out of hand....but a girl can never have enough bows or flowers!! We ran out of room on our original hanger for the bows/flowers so I decided it was time to take on my next project. A board with ribbon to hold all of her bows/flowers. I love it and am so glad I did it as now I can easily find what I want, see them all at once, and I don't have to squeeze them all on to have some left off!
Sorry, no supply picture. I forgot because I was so excited to start my project! I was worried I wouldn't find material that I would like and that would match her room, but I was very happy with what I found!
I'm sure this will completely scare my husband off, but I've been thinking about opening an Etsy shop. I've contemplated this many times, but I'm started to consider it even more. If anyone has any advice on this topic I'd LOVE to hear it! (For those of you who don't know what Etsy is its a website where people have their own "stores" where they sell things they made.
www.etsy.com/. I am thinking about doing hooter hiders, hooded towels, bow/flower boards, maybe some shirts kind of like I made the kids, and who knows what else.)
No comments:
Post a Comment