Monday, September 8, 2008
The Power of Prayer
Just wanted to update everyone and tell them how powerful your prayers have been for our family today. As I said earlier today I called our peds clinic and asked for a referral to the dermatologist. After another phone call and waiting about 4 hours our pediatrician's nurse finally returned my phone call. She said she would make the appointment for Denver with a dermatologist and would get back to me with the date and time. I then asked if she thought we'd be able to get in today yet and she kind of laughed at me and said "No, no, you won't get in until the end of October. It's hard to get into a derm.". I responded "Then we need to see McKercher or we need him to come up with another plan as we need something more than what we're doing now." She told me she'd get back to me of what our pediatrician wanted to do and we'd go from there. After hanging up with her I was very disappointed and just didn't know what to do for my little boy. Then I reassured myself it was okay and that we have lots of people praying for Denver and put my trust in God to take care of it. After waiting another hour or so she called us back and said she had derm on the other line and that they had a cancellation and could see us at 1:30p.m. (it was currently 1p.m.!). I said we'll jump in the car and be there. We got to Denver's appointment and waited a long time to be seen, but it was so worth it (or at least I think so as of now). She walked in and took one look at his little bottom and said "Oh, that's a fungus. I know how I'll treat it, but we need to get a slide of it first just to make sure." She was very impressed when I responded with "THANK YOU, I knew it wasn't yeast and that it had to be a fungus". The slide confirmed that Denver has a fungus and she gave us a new cream to try that we actually had to go get from a special pharmacy. God is good! Thank you everyone for your prayers and keep on praying that this cream does that job and Denver gets over this fast. We have a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks unless it doesn't start improving in a couple days then we'll go back sooner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment