Thursday, December 3, 2009

2 Years Old!

Denver is 2 years old as of November 17th!  We've been a little busy so I haven't had time to blog or download pictures.  I finally got some pictures downloaded from one of Denver's birthday parties (if I ever got caught up there will be more to come to blog about the day of his actual birthday...we celebrated at Chuck-E-Cheese again the night of his birthday).

It is so much fun to have a 2 year old in our house.  There is never a dull moment and we are just amazed at how much he has learned and how far he has come.  Its hard to believe that 2 years ago my little boy was so little and now he's so big!  Denver loves to play (play cars, farm (feed the cows, like Papa and Grandma), and to fix (also like his Papa!).  Denver also likes to watch TV and movies, especially the movie "Cars".  This has become a bit of a problem as if we'd let him he'd sit and watch TV all day!  Some thing Denver hates is to be messy!  Don't get me wrong he makes a mess with his toys all the time, but if he gets his hands dirty he cries "messy!" and wants to be cleaned up immediately so meals get a little interesting.  We have been trying to teach him its okay to be messy and we just try to eat neatly and then clean up the mess when we're all done.  What a concept for a 2 year old!

Denver talks a lot! (What a surprise, huh?)  Every day his vocabulary and structure of sentences gets better and better.  Its just amazing watching that develop and how he learns the concepts of different things.  We laugh lots because of what he comes up with to say. 

The following pictures are from Denver's birthday party with his grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunts and uncles.  He had an absolute blast.  Hopefully when I get the other birthday pictures and 2 year pictures posted I can post a video of him opening his gifts.  He would open one up and start jumping and saying "yea, yea"!  It was so cute and he continued to do it with each one!  Denver loved every bit of attention he got!



Grandpa David got Denver a John Deere fishing pole.


Denver's love for the movie "Cars" made it easy to pick a "theme" for his party..."Cars"!




In my next post I'll try to include anything else about Denver that he's doing that I forgot now, but leave me a comment if there's something you'd like to know about him and I'll make sure to include it!

1 comment:

Cadi + 4 said...

Happy Birthday Denver!! You are such a big boy and so cute too. If only you and mommy lived closer to come for a play date. You would have a blast at my house.