Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy (belated) Halloween!

Once again we've been running like crazy. I finally have some peace and quiet here at home that I can quick update everyone on our busy (and maybe exciting, as well) lives. On Halloween Evan and I got to see Baby #2 for the second time. Of course it was amazing to see that little baby inside me, moving all around, and of course his or her hands were right by his or her face. We're wondering if we have another thumb sucker on the way. It's another active little baby and I can't wait to start feeling him/her move around. I think Evan was amazed at how much this little one is moving around and that I couldn't feel it. I think they told us how long the baby is, but of course I can't remember what they told me and I don't think they gave us a weight. Every thing looked great at this appointment. The baby's heartbeat was 167 beats per minute. We keep getting more excited about this new little bundle of joy and know that God really did know what He was doing when He thought it was time to add some more love in our house!
Here is a picture from our ultrasound of our baby! He/She is looking right at us with his/her hands by his/her face...we like to think that little left hand is waving at us saying "Hi Mom and Dad! I love you!"

The rest of our Halloween day was kind of crazy. My doctor was way behind in the clinic as she had a delivery she had to go to, so I was at the hospital from 9:45a.m. until 1:10p.m.! (They did let me leave the clinic and run and do some things for work and a quick trip to Target while I was waiting so I guess it wasn't completely at the hospital.) After that it was time to get laundry and packing done (as Evan went deer hunting with my Dad and some other people...he left late Friday night and came back late Sunday night; and while Evan was hunting Denver, my Mom, and I went to Omaha to help my sister get ready for her baby...sorry we forgot to take a picture of Denver and his Aunt Kim with her big belly so no picture to post for those of you wondering how big that baby is getting...we just need to find her some extra time so she can do a blog too!), and an oil change on my car besides finding some lunch and picking up Denver from the neighbors. After we got every thing done the 3 of us jumped in the car and went to Freeman. We put Denver in his Halloween costume (pictures below) and quick took him to see Great Grandma Mabel and Great Grandpa Melvin and then Denver decided he had enough and needed to eat supper as it was getting late. After we ate supper we took Daddy to Great Uncle Loren's and Great Aunt Carolyn's (and of course cousin Drew's....which it was his birthday...Happy Birthday again Drew!) where we dropped off Daddy to leave for hunting and then Denver and I headed to my Mom and Dad's so Mom, Denver, and I could leave for Omaha. This was perfect as Denver slept most of the way there and made the drive wonderful! Unfortunately, I craziness during the day prevented us from taking Denver to see all of his other Grandparents/Great Grandparents/ other family members/and friends in his costume so if someone really wants to see him in person in his costume call us up and we'll see what we can work out. Hopefully next year we won't be so busy and Denver will have more energy for trick or treating...but we'll see how the baby does...ah, never ending. :)

So that's our life this past weekend in a nutshell (well, sort of, I guess). Evan did not get a deer. The weather was too nice that they barely saw any deer. Denver and I took Evan to the airport on Tuesday. Evan is in Las Vegas until Saturday evening where he is attending NACE (an auto body convention for work). Tuesday night he got to go to the Nascar track there and ride in a car and today he got to meet Archie Manning in person. I sent the little camera with him so hopefully he'll have some pictures to share.

Denver's still working on walking. He's still convinced it's way faster to crawl than walk. He will take steps here and there on his own from one thing to the next and he will walk between people at times. Also, I don't think I ever shared we were able to stop giving Denver his Prevacid (his acid reflux medicine). We quit this at least a month ago probably and he's been doing great! His vocabulary continues to grow every day. His favorite word is hot. Every thing is hot, but he does really know what it means as he'll pick up some food that is hot and say hot and throw it back down or when I'm getting some thing out of the toaster, oven, etc. he says "hot". I think that's it for now. His big birthday is coming soon so there will be an update then if not before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, Evan and Denver, I wanted to be sure and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Since Eli is 5 months younger I go to your index, count back 5 and "voila" I have a good idea what Eli is up to. I'll try to send you some pictures. love from the GGA (Great, great Aunt Rita)