Our little boy is once again growing up too fast. We no longer have a crib set up in our house. There's no way Mommy would have been ready to do this if we weren't trying to get ready for another baby! Last night after I got home from work and after we ate supper the mission to turn Denver's crib into a toddler bed began. It's amazing what you can forget after a year and a half has gone by...like where are the instructions and hardware to change this crib to a bed! I finally found them and work began. As you can tell from the pictures Denver thought this was great and was all about Daddy's toolbox. He is definitely a boy!
Denver and Daddy after his crib was transformed to his toddler bed.
This is cool Mommy!

Our first night in a toddler bed went amazingly well. He never woke up and cried, he never tried to get out, he just laid down and went to sleep like he always does, and woke up at 8a.m. this morning and stood in his bed crying until I went to get him. I thought wow that was easy, but let's see how naps go. We've been a little busy in our household lately with lots of running around and late nights and Denver was tired this morning so he went down for a nap and once again he was a champ. I laid him down in his crib and he went right to sleep and slept for 2 and a half hours! This never happens in the morning anymore! When he awoke he sat by the edge of his bed and patiently waited for me to come and get him out. I know it won't be long and he'll figure out how to get out of his bed as he knows how to get down from our bed and off the couch if he really wants to, so the time is coming, but for now I'm thankful this transition has been so easy. Please pray for Denver that this transition continues to be a good one for him, so he can be one step closer to being ready to welcome his little sister into this world.
Denver fast asleep in his bed!


No comments:
Post a Comment