First, I'm sure every one's been wondering where things are at with our 15 month old "little" Denver. Our emotional week began with Monday and lots of poking and prodding on our little man. Denver weighed in at 19lbs. 11oz. Although this wasn't 20lbs which I was hoping so much for, (but really didn't think we'd hit) it was a weight that I was very happy about. This puts Denver back with an "x" right below the 3%. (He had been WAY below the 3% the last 2 visits to the clinic...but he was sick then too, so dehydrated, not eating good, etc, etc.) He was 30 1/4 inches long and I'm not sure about his head, but both his length and head were back in their original percentiles or very close to it that there was no longer a concern in those areas, thank goodness! Even though Denver's moving back up on the growth chart, we and our pediatrician decided that we need to go ahead and do some testing just to make sure we aren't missing anything. After 21cc's of blood(and only one poke for all that blood!), bagging him for a sample of urine, and 2 shots (normal 15 month well baby shots) we finally got to leave the clinic! On Tuesday we had a phone call that some of the lab results were in and those that were back were all normal. Today (Friday) we had to go to the hospital where Denver was admitted as an outpatient and they completed a sweat chloride test. Believe it or not, I got a phone call just a little bit ago with those results and as I suspected they were normal too. Praise the Lord! We are only waiting on 2 more of the blood tests which are for celiac and an allergy panel. I asked for the allergy panel since we were doing other blood work anyway and he seems to get "bruises" under his eyes off an on which is an indication of allergies. We ask that you continue to pray for Denver and pray that at least the celiac test comes back normal. I know I've touched on celiac before, but for those of you who don't remember or didn't read that blog it would mean a specific diet for Denver that would include NO gluten. Gluten is in lots of things, so this is very scary for Evan and I in the thoughts that we would have to change how we prepare things at home and what we can let Denver indulge in. For now, we're just going to hope and pray it comes back normal.
I also had a doctor appointment for our little girl today. Once again everything looked great. Denver was a trooper by going to his appointment, then later to mine. He was such a good boy and I was so proud of him.
I have a couple of new pictures. The other night while the boys were waiting for me to come home from work they were playing and Daddy snapped some pictures (I was impressed...not just that he took pictures, but the quality of them too! Pretty good for a Daddy!) The boys have more and more fun playing together every day. I could watch them play together for hours. They are so silly and have so much fun together it just warms my heart.
Denver got into some scraps from Mom's sewing projects.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Here are some other miscellaneous pictures of Denver.
A lazy Saturday morning. Denver loves to play with his toys and read his books.Playing in the tub.
.jpg)
Denver loves to brush his teeth. Elmo is on his toothbrush and he LOVES Elmo, but he also likes Mommy's plain toothbrush too!.jpg)



1 comment:
Thank God that all the tests have come back normal:) yiiippppeeee!!! It's great to be back on the chart, isn't it?! I hope the other 2 comeback normal as well. It would be a pain on the butt to exclude gluten from his diet, not to mention all the tasty things he couldn't eat:( Let's stay positive and continue to pray for normal results. When will you get those?
By the way, LOVE the new header and background:)
Post a Comment