Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We are having a good Valentine's day and hope you are too! I did some trading so I could have the day off with my boys and be able to go watch my cousin and his team play basketball (and it's finally in Sioux Falls so no driving!!!). Today was a much needed day after an exhausting week of running around and lots of time thinking about "life". First, I want to thank all of you for praying for Jovie and her family! It sounds like she's doing awesome and the organs looked great. The physician took extra time to make sure everything looked 100% before giving the organs to her otherwise he wasn't going to do the surgery. Praise the Lord for such a successful surgery. At the same time, Jovie and her family have a long road ahead of them. Please continue to pray for them and everyone taking care of Jovie. That her body can handle the meds and whatever she needs so her body does not reject the organs and that her story continues to be a success and touch many more peoples lives. She's an amazing little girl! Also, please pray for the family who had to say goodbye to their little one. I couldn't imagine going through the loss of a child and it will take them a long time to heal. Pray that Jovie's story can touch their lives and that they can feel like the loss of their child helped another one live. Also, we had another tragic loss in my hometown community. A good family friend of ours passed away at 23 years old due to drowning in a bin when he was helping his dad. This once again has turned my mind to the thought of life and how precious our lives are and how we never know when our end (but new beginning) will come. Please pray for this family and our community and their friends to find comfort during this difficult time! Yesterday, I was pulled to our pediatric floor as they are overflowing into 3 other units with children. RSV is out in full force! By the time the day was over I was able to take care of 6 different children, all who were within 5 months of Denver. To watch these kiddos not feel good and get poked and prodded while Mommy and Daddy had to stand by and watch; my heart just broke. I couldn't imagine being the ones in their shoes. It would be horrible to watch your child have to suffer so they can get better. I also, came home from work last night feeling scared about my "little" Denver and what news we may find out next week. I ask that you please pray for us, for Denver, and for our pediatrician as we have Denver's 15 month appointment next week and we will then know if we're going to do any testing to find out why he's so little and if we do we'll find out those test results. Even though I really feel in my heart that he's okay and if something is wrong it's something very minor that we can fix it stills scares me; especially after seeing all those little ones on peds yesterday. I think we've just had so many emotional things going on in our lives lately that I'm getting overwhelmed and I hope and pray that after next week my mind will be able to focus on our daily lives and not worry about the little things that we can't change or do, but to leave it all in God's hands. Now, that all of that has come out........I'm so grateful for today and the time we can spend as a family. Nothing is better than when we can spend time as just the 3 of us. I wrote this "post" on Valentine's day and waited as I had hoped to get some good pictures of Denver and his 2nd Valentine's day, but the camera was kind of forgotten about so sorry...no pictures once again. Denver continues to do well in his toddler bed and we are so very proud of him for making this transition. He's such a big boy! Denver makes us laugh every day and it's amazing what he learns every day as well. Last night he insisted on drinking water from my glass and after a couple sips he wanted to do it himself. He usually does pretty well with a glass, but this was a big glass full of water and ice. When I handed it to him I said "you're going to wear it" and sure enough....I was right. He immediately wore it and the ice cubes went down his chest and he was sitting in his highchair so the ice cubes were then sitting in his lap. At first he cried and then he said "brrrrrrrrr", it was so cute and funny. I wish I would've grabbed the video camera before I let him have the cup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from your biological great, great Aunt who probably now stands at 4 feet 11 inches in her bare feet. When we were in Switzerland where our grandparents were born the ceilings were so low that the 6 foot guys had to duck. So, there are some petite genes. It is possible that Denver may be "one of us." love, Aunt Rita