.jpg)
We had our first bout of the stomach flu with Denver a little over a week ago. Thank goodness it happened on my weekend off from work. On a Friday Denver was not acting himself and not really wanting to eat, but we didn't have a clue of what we were in for! The next morning when I went to get him from his bed we found that he had thrown up during the night and just switched ends of his bed so he didn't lay in it! He was starving and wanted to eat and I thought maybe it was just a fluke and let him have some oatmeal and juice, but that came up later (in the car...all over him, his car seat, and the car....YUCK, and I was by myself! We tried getting a hold of Daddy at work, but couldn't). The rest of the day he didn't eat or drink much, but what he did stayed down. I thought we were maybe over it, but then he had diarrhea before he went to bed that night and then woke up and threw up 3 times that night. The next morning he had an even worse diaper, but that was basically the end of it then! He had a couple more pretty loose diapers a day or 2 later, but then it was over! We are thankful that he's feeling better and eating good again. The little guy can't afford days of not eating or keeping his food down! Here is a picture of him one morning when he wasn't feeling the hottest.
.jpg)



2 comments:
Your blankets are so cute. Too bad you didn't know how to do that when my babies were born.
Sorry about the stomach flu. Been there done that. Good thing you didn't get it. It could have put you into labor. How many weeks are you now?
Don't be ashamed of the ice cream. It's calcium.
Yes, thank goodness Evan and I didn't get the flu too. I couldn't imagine having the flu and being in labor, yuck! Today I'm 38 2/7...which is what I was when Denver was born so we are anxiously awaiting this little girls arrival.
Post a Comment